P.Oslo III 116 (inv. 454)
Background and Physical Properties
- 8 x 12 cm.
- Publication side:
- Recto, the Verso is blank
- Palaeographic description:
- State of preservation:
- The medium brown papyrus is complete, regularly cut on the top and both sides, some of the left bottom part is missing. No right margin, the top and left margin is 1 cm., what is left of the bottom one is 2 to 2 1/2 cm.
- May 25, 144 A.D.
- Apias, Themistou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Ammonis, praktor argyrikon
- Title / Type of text:
- Tax receipt
- Receipt for tax payment.
- Receipt Tax collection, Tax payment
- Named people:
- Ammonis, praktor argyrikon Ptolemaios, son of Didymos Akous, georgos Antoninus Caesar, emperor
- Named places:
- English translation:
- Ammonis and partners, tax collectors of Apias, greet Ptolemaios, son of Didymos through the peasant Akous. We have (received) from you on account of the payment of the seventh year tax collection of Apias, eighteen silver drachmai, total 18 drachmai. The same (person) paid for the naubion tax thirteen copper obols, total 13 obols. For these (two payments) we will bring you a treasury receipt which you will get by producing this handwritten note. In the seventh year of our Lord Antoninus Caesar, May 25.
- Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Purchased 1923 through British Museum, with M. Nahman as the dealer. Cf. the reports and the inventory list by H. I. Bell
- Acquisition year:
- Eitrem S-Amundsen L, P.Oslo III, 1936, 116
Record last modified 2021-02-09 23:53:26