P.Oslo III 118 (inv. 341)
Background and Physical Properties
- 9.2 x 9.3 cm.
- Publication side:
- Recto, the Verso is blank
- Palaeographic description:
- State of preservation:
- Light brown papyrus. Torn at the right hand side, breaks off before the last line at the bottom. The top margin is 2 - 2 1/2 cm, what is left of the left margin is 1.4 cm at its widest.
- 111/112 A.D.
- Euhemeria, Themistes meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Demetrios alias Philotas
- Title / Type of text:
- Tax paid for the renewal of enoikesis
- Receipt from Demetrios and associates to Thaesis, for having paid the tax for renewal of the enoikesis
- Debt House Ownership Loan Mortgage Taxation (property) Tax collection Woman Receipt
- Named people:
- Demetrios alias Philotas, enkykliakos Thaesis, daughter of Kephalon Mystes, son of Menches Caesar Nerva Traianus Augustus Germanicus Dacicus, emperor
- Named places:
- English translation:
- Demetrios alias Philotas and his fellow sales tax collectors (enkykliakoi) of the Arsinoite nome greet Thaesis, daughter of Kephalon. You have paid the tax for renewing the habitation (enoikesis) that was agreed upon as a surety for the loan taken up, in the 14th year of Traianus Caesar, by the master of a small one-story house, the right of habitation (enoikesis) of which you got from Mystes son of Menches, according to a written contract, against a renewal (enkyklion) tax of four hundred drachmai. In the 15th year of Imperator Caesar Nerva Traianus Augustus Germanicus Dacicus (month, day) ...
- Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Purchased by Eitrem in Egypt 1920
- Acquisition year:
Eitrem S-Amundsen L, P.Oslo III, 1936, 118
- Reiter F, Die Nomarchen des Arsinoites. 2004, 29 (l.1)
Rupprecht HA, Int.Congr. of Pap. 16 (1981) 386-387Reiter F, Die Nomarchen des Arsinoites. 2004, 218 n.17 (l.3), 221, n.36 (l.1-2), 223, 262, n.10, 264-265, 307
Record last modified 2021-02-09 23:53:26