P.Oslo II 34 (inv. 320)
Background and Physical Properties
- 9.3 x 10 cm.
- Publication side:
- Recto, the Verso is blank
- Palaeographic description:
- State of preservation:
- Medium brown papyrus, the top and left margin 1 cm. A clean cut at the right side, breaks off at bottom.
- 188/189 A.D.
- Philadelphia, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Serapion, son of Petronius
- Title / Type of text:
- Lease of land
- Serapion requests to lease some land from Vibia Daphne.
- Letter Lease Rent Catoecic land
- Named people:
- Serapion, son of Petronius Vibia Daphne Basyllus
- Named places:
- English translation:
- To Vibia Daphne from Serapion, son of Peronius (for Petronius). I wish to lease from your holdings in the neighbourhood of the village of Philadelphia three arourae of catoecic land, or how many there may be, for four years from the twentyninth year, the annual rent being eighteen artabae of wheat by the three choinix measure employed in the granary of Basyllus. Vibia shall yearly supply three artabae of wheat in seed corn, all the work and the public expenses of transport fall on me, the lessee, all the public work on you, the [landowner...]
- Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Purchased by Eitrem in Egypt 1920
- Acquisition year:
Eitrem S-Amundsen L, P.Oslo II, 1931, 34
- Kalen T, Berl.Leigabe griech.Pap 1 (1932), p.195 (l.11)
Record last modified 2021-02-09 23:53:26